Shopping for Furniture at a Garage Sale
The weather is getting nicer and with spring comes more and more garage sales. Try and remember these tips when you’re hunting for some furniture.
- Go early and hunt. See if you can find some hidden gems before someone else finds them.
- If you buy some items at a garage sale, see if you can get a ‘bundle’ discount. It doesn’t hurt to ask and you may be surprised to get an item dirt cheap in a deal.
- Double check the furniture’s condition. You want to make sure it’s solid and will last for some time.
- Bring cash. Don’t waste sellers time by asking them to hold an item until you come back and pay.
Shopping for Furniture at a Store
- Think in terms of overall cost. Don’t let the sales person talk you into furniture that is over your budget because you can afford the monthly payments.
- If you don’t see the item you’re looking for, ask to check if there are more options. Sometimes a model may have two finishes.
- Ask for a discount with the sales person. Take advantage of this economy and see if you can lower the price. Maybe you can get a floor model discount.
- Double check the furniture’s condition. If there are any minor imperfections, you may be able to come away with a deal on it.
What tips do you have when you’re bargaining hunting for furniture? Do you have any success stories?