Good Morning Green Panda Readers. The warm weather is here and it’s the time of the year when people like to get outside and have some fun. So Green Panda is here to help you enjoy the warm summer weather without breaking the bank and going broke. There are many ways that we can all get outside, enjoy the warm weather, take in the sunshine alone or with our friends and we don’t even have to spend a ton of money.
5 Great Ways to Get Outside This Summer, Have some Fun, and Save Your Money
1. Read a Book. I personally love reading books and I really love reading books in the sunshine. I don’t really like tanning or lying in the sun while doing nothing, but I do like being outside and enjoying the sunshine if I have a great book to read. If you have a library card then you have access to unlimited books at your disposal and at absolutely no cost. If you don’t have a library card then you should definitely think about getting one if you love to read because reading is a great inexpensive way to enjoy get outside and enjoy the sunshine.
2. Go to a Park. Fresh air and sunshine is a great way to spend an afternoon and spending the day in the park makes it a cheap way to have some fun. There are many inexpensive and fun activities that we can enjoy in the park such as playing a sport like baseball or volleyball, throwing around a Frisbee, or laying on the grass and listening to your iPod.
3. Take a Long Walk. If reading a book or hanging out in a park is not really your idea of a fun day then maybe you would like to get outside and take a walk. Walking around is a great way to get some fresh air, enjoy the sunshine, get some exercise, and possibly even discover a new restaurant or neighbourhood.
4. Pack a Picnic. I will always take part in an activity that involves food. I know that some people don’t like to eat outside but I personally love it. There is something about eating in the fresh air and sitting in the sunshine while eating that just makes meals so much better. You can gather some friends and pack a picnic or if you prefer to fly solo you can pack a lunch and take in the sunshine alone.
5. Enjoy a Street Sale. When the summer sun comes out so do the street vendors. Many cities have street sales on the weekend during the summer months, streets close down to traffic and they become a haven for pedestrians and local vendors. The great thing about street sales (as opposed to retail stores) is that you don’t even have to buy anything in order to enjoy the ambiance. Another great thing about street sales is that everything is usually really cheap, so if you do want to shop you won’t break your budget. Street sales also usually have great (and cheap) food and beverages.
How do you like to get outside and enjoy the summer sunshine?
Photo by Annie Mole