Need a little pick-me-up when it comes to finances and investing? Here are a few quotes that can provide you the inspiration needed to get back into the game.
If you want to learn more about investing, check out Excess Return and download a great free Investment Guide E-Book!
1. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
2. Build into each budget the cost of hiring and don’t lump yourself with capital investment.
3. But a lot of businesses out there don’t see the return on investment, they look at it as a liability, and until they can understand that proactive security actually returns, gives them a return on investment, it’s still a hard sell for people.
4. But if you look at teams that want to share more revenues, they’re teams that don’t have a lot on the table. They’ve long since not had any serious investment in their team.
5. Why not invest your assets in the companies you really like? As Mae West said, “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful”.
6. We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.
7. I rarely think the market is right. I believe non dividend stocks aren’t much more than baseball cards. They are worth what you can convince someone to pay for it.
8. The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator. This means that he should be able to justify every purchase he makes and each price he pays by impersonal, objective reasoning that satisfies him that he is getting more than his money’s worth for his purchase.
9. I have a problem with too much money. I can’t reinvest it fast enough, and because I reinvest it, more money comes in. Yes, the rich do get richer.
10. In this business if you’re good, you’re right six times out of ten. You’re never going to be right nine times out of ten.
11. Go for a business that any idiot can run – because sooner or later, any idiot probably is going to run it.
12. You just have to be opportunistic, and try to figure out what creates value where the bottom is, what creates incremental value, and in what combination.
13. Understanding how to be a good investor makes you a better business manager and vice versa.
14. Many of the biggest and most far-reaching investments we make in our lives are investments that have little or nothing to do with money.
15. When buying shares, ask yourself, would you buy the whole company?
16. There are no rules about investment. Sharks can be good. Artist’s dung can be good. Oil on canvas can be good.
17. Finance is critical. If sufficient investment is made in infrastructure and venture capital is made available, there will be a big improvement in the situation.
18. It’s one of the most important things at the end of the day, being able to say no to an investment.
19. Leave no stone unturned to help your clients realize maximum profits from their investment.
-Arthur C. Nielsen
20. Real economic stimulus comes from real investment.
What are your favorite investing quotes?
Katrina Robinson is a freelance writer who blogs about a wide array of topics, from personal finance to beauty to colon cleansing and natural health.