Photo Credit: The Muuj
Good news: A great job opportunity came up and we’re moving. Bad news: We’re moving out of state and we have two weeks to get everything done and start work.
The offer came through yesterday and we’re scrambling to get things done. The new city is about three hours, which isn’t too bad. We just have a lot to do.
Here’s a to-do list so far:
- Notify landlord (done)
- Notify current employers (done)
- Pick the apartment and fill out the paperwork. (I was already looking at places and we have an idea of the area we want to live in. There is immediate availability with half a dozen apartments.)
- Get a few estimates from truck rental companies.
- Start a file for moving paperwork
- Grab and complete post office change-of-address cards.
- Use up food that can’t be packed. (A fun challenge for me!)
- Schedule packing and do it! (Calling today to get some boxes.)
- Clean apartment to get deposit back.
- Schedule disconnection of all utility services at current apartment, and have new apartment’s turned utilities on.
- Request a refund on our electric deposit.
- Return any borrowed items (cap & gown, plus some textbooks)
I know there are a lot of things that aren’t up there. Please let me know if you can think of them.