Good Morning Green Panda friends. Today we are going to do some soul searching ask we ask you the question “what would make you truly happy?” Take a moment and think about what you are doing right now in life, is it what you truly want to be doing? If you are working full time, if you are studying in school, or if you are living on your own, is whatever you are doing making you happy?
What are you working towards in life? Maybe you are working towards a college degree, maybe you are working your way up the corporate ladder in order to get your dream job, or maybe you are working towards making your first million dollars. It is very rare that we figure out what we want to do in life at twenty years old but while we are trying to get it all together we can still be happy doing it.
Regardless of what you want to achieve in life the way to succeed and the way to achieve our personal goals is to make a plan with the steps we need to take to get what we want out of life.
What would truly make you happy in life?
– To be rich. Many people aspire to have a lot of money in life, but why? Is it because most people think that money can buy their personal happiness? Maybe people want to be rich because it is something that they don’t have right now. Or maybe people feel that they will be happy if they have enough money to do whatever they want, but you know what they say about money…more money, more problems.
– To be famous. Can you imagine yourself walking the red carpet in a ten-thousand dollar dress at the Oscar’s or at the Grammy’s? Why do people want to be famous? Is it because you love the spotlight, or is it because the career that you want to have will automatically make you famous?
– To be successful at your dream job. Maybe fame and fortune are not two things that would make you truly happy in life. Maybe you want to work hard and get your dream job. For some people it is enough to be working in their career field of choice, but for some other people being successful at their dream job is the ultimate personal goal.
– To graduate from college in the top of your class. Some people may not yet be thinking long term about their eternal happiness in life. Maybe you are content with your life as it is right now and maybe your personal goals are more short term. It is very possible that the one thing in life that would make you happy right now in life is to graduate from college with good grades and in the top percentile of students in your class.
– To travel around the world. If exploring new places and learning about new cultures are what would truly make you happy in life how are you going to achieve your goal? Travelling around the world is a great personal goal, I personally love travelling; but it takes money to travel the world. It may be an expensive dream, but if you start planning your trip and saving your money now you could be ready to set foot in a foreign country within a couple of years.
Photo by RexRoof
Tahnya is 30 years old and lives in Montreal Quebec. She graduated in 2005 from Concordia University, and she currently works for a major International Financial Institution. She recently launched http://www.mediamadam.ca/. You can follow her on Twitter @TahnyaP.