Mother’s day is just around the corner and if you are anything like me you have probably left your gift shopping for last minute, every year I promise I won’t but seems like I do not learn. I thought today I share some Frugal Gift ideas for mother’s day, finding a tasteful and affordable gift for mother’s day can be somewhat of a treasure hunt so hope this will help.
- Gift of Time- Mom’s just want to spend time with their children so make it a Mother-Daughter/So
n day, spend the whole day with her.
- Home Video-Take your family video’s and put together a short home video, a tribute to mom. This can be a little time consuming but can make a great frugal gift and she an enjoy it whenever she misses you.
- Mom Mix-Make a CD for her, a collection of all the songs that remind her of you and you growing up
- Write a Letter-Write a a letter instead of a card, write about all the good memories you have with her and all the things she has done for you.
- Flowers-Flowers can be tricky you can easily spend a lot of money on it, if you have flowers in your garden of nearby pick them and use them as a gift.
- Coupons-When I was younger my brother and I made a coupon booklet for my mother it included things like “Wash dishes for the day”, “Vacuum for the week” etc just chores around the house. You have to be prepared to honor the coupons at anytime otherwise it won’t work. [This idea was also send in by a reader, Abdul]
- Digital Photo show-Smilebox You can upload photo’s and create nice slide show’s and the basic service is free.
- Manicure and/or Pedicure-Costs around $20-$30 moms are pampered and lasts for 2-3 weeks.
- Dinner-Make a frugal dinner and invite her over or you can surprise her and take it over to her house
- Scrap Book-Put together a scrap book, here are some already made scrapbooks for a low price all you have to do is insert your pictures.
Hand Made Gift Ideas
Here are some great hand made gift ideas for mother’s day, I love them because they are personal and not to forget very frugal!
I really like this Scented Bath Salt
What are your tips/ideas? Share them in the comments section!