Are you moving away for school this fall?
If you happen to be going away for college, I just wanted to remind you that it’s already July. This means that you could be moving in less than two months. Are you ready for this move? I don’t want to scare you or to be “that guy” that bothers you about this sort of stuff. I just don’t want you to be screwed when the fall semester rolls around and you’re totally unprepared/
What should you do to start preparing now?
If you want to get a head start I would look into two things right now:
- Ensure you’re enrolled in your classes. I would set an alarm to ensure that I was the first person online when courses opened up. I always wanted the best classes at the right times (to fit my work schedule) and to have decent professors. It’s important that you take care of your academics. This also means that you need to arrange for payment so that you’re eligible to even enrol in your courses.
- Start looking for household necessities. You don’t want to be scrambling at the last minute to find furniture and other essentials for your place. You’re going to want to grab a sweet bed so that you can get your rest that you’re going to deserve. You also might want to look into picking up some cool stuff to make your place stick out for when guests come over.
That’s how you can start preparing right now.
What should you slowly start to think about for college?
There are a few other things that you can slowly plan for. If you have some time I would advise looking into any of the following essentials:
- Start to look for work. Will you look for a part-time job? If you don’t want a traditional gig, you can start freelancing now to make money on your own. Either way I want you guys to think about what you’re going to do for money in the fall.
- Think of your social life. What are you going to do for fun? Do you know where the hot places are in town? I would slowly start to gather some feedback on social life. Hey, you need to have some fun in college.
- Look for used textbooks. Oh yeah, you sort of need textbooks. I would slowly start to reach out to friends and acquaintances to see if you can somehow find some textbooks on the cheap.
Once again, if you have the time, I would highly advise that you look into these matters.
What’s the most important thing to do right now?
Before you do anything you must remember that you need to enjoy your summer. I don’t want you to have any regrets. The only bad part of this summer is going to be that it ended. Nothing else. School will be fun too, but summer time is just a special time.
Are you ready to move away for college? This is just a friendly reminder.