MBNA SmartCash ®-Now Earn More Cash Back

One of the best credit cards available to Canadians just got better. MBNA SmartCash ® is one of the best cash back credit cards available to Canadians and with the recent updates Canada’s most popular cash back credit card may just become the go to credit card. MBNA SmartCash ® offers 5% cash back on groceries and gas for the first six months. After the promo period cardholders will continue to enjoy a generous 2% cash back on groceries and gas and 1% on everything else. The MBNA SmartCash ® has an annual fee of …$0!

The MBNA SmartCash

Now you can earn even more cash back from MBNA. MBNA offers additional cash back on top of the usual 1% if you shop at the smartcash mall. Let’s look at a few of these stores available.mbna smartcash card

Apple Online Store 1%
Avis Rent A Car 3%
Banana Republic Canada 2%
Brooks Brothers 4 4%
Budget Rent A Car 4%
Choice Hotels 3%
Dell Canada 1%
Eddie Bauer 4%
Expedia.com 2%
FromYouFlowers.com 13%
Gap Canada 2%
Groupon 3%
Holiday Inn 6%
Hotels.com 4%
Hotwire 3%
iTunes 3%

This is just a small selection of the stores available online.

If you are renting a car through Budget, you will get the usually 1% plus an additional 4% for a total of 5% cash back on your car rental. Say, the rental costs you about $180 for the weekend instead of the usual $1.08 you will get an additional $7.2 for a total of $8.28!

How Does it Work?

You have to login to your account and click on the “rewards” tab then “exclusive offers.” This will take you the the smartcash mall where you can choose your retailer. You have to make the purchase through the link provided by MBNA as it is the only way they can track it.

If you currently don’t have the MBNA SmartCash ® card you can apply here. If you already have it let us know what you think of the additional cash back will you be using it?

Want More FREE Finance Tips?
Like what you just read and want to get more great content from Financial Highway? Just enter your email address below and you'll automatically get Financial Highway posts sent straight to your inbox.
We hate spam just as much as you

Comments

  1. Gene says

    Good to know, thanks for sharing this. Hmmm, my comment reads like one of those spam comments “Visit my website for great rates on…”.

Trackbacks

  1. [...] course, one of the biggest reasons to keep your credit card is due to the rewards. You can earn cash back, free travel, and more. But you have to be savvy about your credit card use. Only charge what you [...]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>